Walk-in showers are becoming trendy nowadays for their attractive design, compatibility, and accessibility. You can find versatile walk-in shower ideas over the internet that people love to have in their residences. But there is an issue you may think of if you own any of these showers. How to clean a walk-in shower floor, do you know?
Several easy and flexible methods of cleaning a walk-in shower are available to do yourself alone. For instance, you can use liquid dish detergent and warm water to remove the grime, mold, and mildews. Other methods include white vinegar, baking soda, mineral oil, etc., which can actively clean the floor and retain the original look and color soon.
If you have a walk-in shower at home and are worried about cleaning its floor, then nothing to worry about. I am here to share some easiest methods of cleaning the floor. So, I request you read the blog until the last words for a better understanding.
How to Clean a Walk-in Shower Floor Using Different Methods
Below are some methods to clean any shower floor without any hassle:
Cleaning Acrylic Walk-in Shower Floor
Follow these simple steps:
· In a bucket, make a solution of one-gallon warm water and half a teaspoon of liquid dish detergent (non-alkaline).
· Take another bucket and fill it with only warm water without any detergent.
· Dip an old but clean cloth or a piece of rag into the solution you have just made.
· Shake the rag a bit to remove the excess solution of it.
· Wipe the whole floor of the walk-in shower using the rag (you may follow a circular motion).
· Do not stop wiping until the acrylic floor is neat and clean.
· Wipe the whole floor with warm water to remove the soapy residue.
· Take another clean cloth or towel to wipe and dry the surface.
That’s it; you have cleaned the acrylic walk-in shower easily. But remember, you should rinse the rag that you dipped in solution each time you wipe the floor.
Cleaning Natural Stone Walk-in Shower Floor
You can follow these ways:
· Mix water and rubbing alcohol in a small bucket at a 1:1 ratio.
· Dip a rag into the solution and shake a bit to remove excess solution from the rag.
· Wipe the shower surface (wall and floor) with the wet rag.
· Run regular water to clean the residues.
· Wipe the surface with another dry and clean cloth.
· Leave the surface to air dry properly.
· Mix 4 tbsp. of any suitable all-purpose cleaner and a half cup of water in a spray bottle to make a solution.
· Spray the solution onto the shower floor thoroughly.
· Take a soft-bristled brush and scrub the surface to remove stains from hard water and soap scums.
· Rinse the whole area with clean water (use a bucket to ease the job).
· Wipe the area with a clean rag and leave it for air drying.
After cleaning, polish the floor using a paste of 45g baking soda and 1ltr water.
· To apply the mixture, you can use a clean rag.
· Apply the paste properly to the area without leaving the nooks and crannies.
· Leave the surface for at least 5 hours to let the paste sit on the floor.
· Take a good microfiber cloth and dip it into warm water.
· Rinse the dried surface with that warm water.
· Wipe and dry the area with another clean rag.
Cleaning Natural Fiberglass Walk-in Shower Floor
It can be an easy task by following these steps:
· Sprinkle some baking soda all over the fiberglass shower floor.
· Ensure you have sprinkled in the hard-to-reach areas.
· Make a blend of water and white vinegar at a 1:1 ratio in a spray bottle.
· Spray the solution on the baking soda you have just sprinkled.
· Wait 10-20 minutes to allow the mixture to sit on the floor.
· Take a damp sponge and wipe the surface while taking care of each aperture.
· You can use a toothbrush to reach tricky corners.
· Rinse the floor with clean water.
· Leave the area for drying or use a dry cloth to hasten the drying.
Cleaning a Walk-In Shower with Vinegar
You can get a good result using vinegar to clean the floor. Follow these steps to do so:
· Take a spray bottle and mix water (3 cups), vinegar (1 cup), baking soda (⅓ cup), and 2tbsp dish detergent in it.
· Spray the solution on the shower floor after fizzling the solution.
· Wait for 15-20 minutes to sit on the surface.
· Take a wet sponge and mildly scrub and wipe the surface.
· Run water to rinse the shower.
Cleaning a Walk-In Shower Using Fabric Softener
Maintain these steps:
· Make a half cup fabric softener solution and one cup of warm water.
· Fill the solution in a spray bottle.
· Spray the solution onto the floor, especially on the corners where molds are common.
· Leave the surface for 20-30 minutes to loosen the soap scum or other grime.
· Take a sponge and start wiping the area manually.
· Rinse the area with clean water by running the tap to remove the residues.
You can apply some baking soda to remove stubborn marks on the floor.
Cleaning Textured Walk-in Shower Floor
For a textured floor, you can follow these simple steps:
· Make a solution of warm water and mineral oil at a 1:4 ratio in a jar or bucket.
· Apply the solution using a sponge onto the floor.
· Try to scrub gently in a circular motion to loosen the soap scum.
· Apply white vinegar and warm water mixture to the scrubbed area.
· Rinse the floor with water to remove the mineral oil and other things you have used in cleaning.
· Leave the floor to dry and become dirt-free.
Cleaning a Walk-In Shower Floor with Ammonia
Ammonia works excellently to eliminate mold and stains from the shower floor. You can follow these techniques to clean the floor with ammonia:
· Mix these materials in a bucket: 1gal warm water, one cup ammonia, half cup white vinegar, and ¼ cup baking soda.
· Dip a sponge in the solution.
· Apply the mixture to the corners using a soft-bristled brush.
· Rinse the area with clean water.
· Wipe the area with a dry towel.
Cleaning a Walk-In Shower Floor with Bleach
Follow these steps to clean the floor of the shower using non-chlorine bleach:
· Make a solution of bleach and water at a 1:1 ratio in a spray bottle.
· Spray the liquid onto the shower floor.
· Wait for 30 minutes to allow the liquid to sit well.
· Scrub the surface with a sponge and stress the stained areas.
· Rinse the whole surface with cold or regular water.
· Wipe and dry the cleaned surface with a dry towel.
Walk-in Shower and Importance of Cleaning Its Floor
Without proper cleaning, shower floors may get slippery, look dull, and make things unhygienic. So, cleaning the walk-in shower floors is essential. Besides, you can get these benefits:
A clean shower floor is a safe shower floor. Soap and water can build up on the floor, making it slippery. Take the time to clean the floor after each shower to prevent accidents.
Remove mold and mildew.
Mold and mildew love damp, dark places – like the inside of your shower! Keep the floor clean and dry to prevent these unwanted guests from taking up residence.
Improve the look of your bathroom
A clean shower floor will make your bathroom look neater and more put together. No one wants to step into a shower that looks dirty!
Extend the life of your shower.
A clean shower floor will help to extend the life of your shower. Removing soap scum and other buildups can prevent damage to the floor and prolong its life.
Make cleaning easier
When the floor is clean, it will be easier to keep the rest of the shower clean. You don’t need to scrub hard to remove soap scum from the walls or clean the tile. A little preventive upkeep goes a long way!
So, don’t forget about the floor the next time you clean your bathroom. A few cleaning moments can make a big difference in the look and feel of your space.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Is It Tough to Clean a Walk-in Shower Floor?
There are usually many nooks and crannies for dirt and grime to hide in. So, it appears difficult to reach all the dirt with a cleaning product. Again, the floor can get very slippery when wet. You may need to struggle to clean this slippery surface.
Why Should You Install a Walk-in Shower?
It can provide several benefits, including increased safety, easier accessibility, and improved hygiene. Also, you can save a lot of space in your home as they can be installed in any room or corner.
Is It Good to Mop a Walk-In Shower Floor?
You can keep the floor neat and fresh by mopping it. It helps to prevent soap scum and water stains. Also, it is effortless to mop, reducing the frequency of cleaning the whole shower.
So, you know how to clean a walk-in shower floor now. I have explained several methods to keep your shower floor shiny and fit without stains, mold, or mildew. You can try any of them as they are easy to do.
Thanks for passing by. I hope you have a fantastic shower floor cleaning day!